About Me

I am so happy you are visiting our blog! We are all about fun ways to learn and grow. I am a Mom of three incredibly sweet little girls (Monkey 1 - 7 years, and Monkey 2 - 5 months and Monkey 3- 1 year old). I have been blessed with an incredible husband and family, and pray everyday that God will show us how to raise Godly Girls! I hope that you will continue to check our blog for updates or better yet Subscribe to our blog below!! “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Chore Charts


So I honestly am not real thrilled about chore charts... most days it feels like it is more work for me than it is for the kids.... but I KNOW that they need to learn responsibility to everyday I summon up as much patience as I can get and we DO OUR CHORES! 

Usually this also involves a review of our virtues first ( From We Choose Virtues

I AM OBEDIENT, I AM PATIENT, I AM HELPFUL is a repeating mantra in my head...


Anyways here is our chore chart! 





I found some cute clothespins from Michaels in the Dollar Sections! So when our chore is finished we put the clothespin on the chart. 

Throughout the day you can also loose a clothespin (i.e. Not being nice to your sister...)
Then you have to earn it back! 

We don't finish them all everyday, but we try. They are not all done perfectly but we try. It really is a good lesson for M1 because she is a bit of a typical firstborn perfectionist! 

We don't do rewards for our chores in our house. It is something that is just expected. We expect everyone to chip in and help. To look for ways to be kind. And to learn to be responsible! 

Any other really great ideas for chores??

No comments:

Post a Comment