About Me

I am so happy you are visiting our blog! We are all about fun ways to learn and grow. I am a Mom of three incredibly sweet little girls (Monkey 1 - 7 years, and Monkey 2 - 5 months and Monkey 3- 1 year old). I have been blessed with an incredible husband and family, and pray everyday that God will show us how to raise Godly Girls! I hope that you will continue to check our blog for updates or better yet Subscribe to our blog below!! “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Nature Hunt





A Nature Hunt

Today we went on a nature hunt searching for Items M1 thought would be fun to have in a "nature sensory bin"

We used binoculars to search out our special items:


Here are some things we found
Flowers of course (a lot were the dead flowers that I have been picking and throwing off my plants)


Ferns, leaves 


Large rocks
"Peeling" sticks ie sticks that have loose bark




A very large log that M1 really wanted to take but I am pretty sure I could not move it if I tried. Hopefully later this week we will come back and do some fun projects with the castoffs from Daddy playing lumberjack last week. 





Clover (can you find a four leaf?)



Stop by later this week to see how we put it all together in our sensory bin!


A few fun pictures from later on:

What kid doesn't love BUBBLES!!



How many can you pop?



Which body parts can you pop a bubble with? hands, toes, elbows, nose, belly? Makes bubble chasing really fun!



M2 at the edge of her seat trying to catch a bubble.






A beautiful day to play at the park


M2 believes you should not touch sand... with your hands. Oh and don't get it in your diaper....!!!






M2 - "My Sister is sooooo funny!" 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future!" 

1 comment:

  1. I had a tree felled last Autumn and I wish I could have gone outside when they'd finished to collect at least 2 of the large base rings to transform into planters for my grandson. please tell me you did this with M1 & M2

    ReplyDelete