About Me

I am so happy you are visiting our blog! We are all about fun ways to learn and grow. I am a Mom of three incredibly sweet little girls (Monkey 1 - 7 years, and Monkey 2 - 5 months and Monkey 3- 1 year old). I have been blessed with an incredible husband and family, and pray everyday that God will show us how to raise Godly Girls! I hope that you will continue to check our blog for updates or better yet Subscribe to our blog below!! “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, June 8, 2012

Water Wall and Deck Play Area

Lately M1 and M2 love playing with water!! So we have been collecting cans containers, funnels, etc for a WATER WALL!!


We got a few ideas from Familylicious for a water wall and Pinterest




We started with these materials

Large reused board 4x8 
Screws
Screw gun/Drill
Funnels (from Ikea)
Clear water hose tubing
duct tape
Multiple old bubble containers
A few buckets
A piece of corner metal (maybe it was left over from doing our roof??? I don't know)






This was a great project to M1 to tackle with Daddy!




Deciding where to put things...



Old sippy cups for some fun back and forth waterfalls.





The completed wall is hanging underneath our deck in our new designated yard play place. We hung it up a little higher so we could get some buckets underneath it. 


This is our deck... We are in the process of staining it right now BUT the rain is preventing that today... SO we made a water wall instead!




So we have sippy cup waterfall
and Funnel with shower head bottle underneath it. 



All leading down to our ledge leading to the pink bucket!
Everything is screwed in. 


Bubble container 2 with a small deflector and funnel




The hoses are all flexible so they can be moved to empty into different areas!!





M1 thought it was great!!




Love the look of awe!!














Want to pin this to pinterest


2 comments:

  1. This looks so fun!!! What a great project to do together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I am so happy I found your blog. What a beautiful family of monkeys you have!! I would like to invite you to share this activity in a book I'm writing, and I would share your pictures too, plus give you a free book. Too much to talk about in "comments". Would you please email me at maryann@brightring.com -- and I can fully explain what I'm thinking. You can look at me on Facebook (MaryAnnFaubionKohl or maryannfkohl) or go to my website, www.brightring.com I hope to hear from you soon. This activity would make my new book amazingly better than it is. :) The book will be titled "Action ARt: Hands-On Feet-On Active Art Adventures"

    ReplyDelete