About Me

I am so happy you are visiting our blog! We are all about fun ways to learn and grow. I am a Mom of three incredibly sweet little girls (Monkey 1 - 7 years, and Monkey 2 - 5 months and Monkey 3- 1 year old). I have been blessed with an incredible husband and family, and pray everyday that God will show us how to raise Godly Girls! I hope that you will continue to check our blog for updates or better yet Subscribe to our blog below!! “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

Friday, May 18, 2012

Recycled Crayons

Monkey 1 LOVES to peel crayon wrappers. (One of my pet peeves) I try not to freak out that we are "loosing the name of the COLOR!!!!" but unfortunately am not always successful and find myself secretly throwing away these "unnamed" crayons. 

SO.... Imagine my excitement when I remembered melting crayons to make new crayons! 

So all those peeled crayons now have a new use. We peeled them and filled up our pan, Then put this in the oven for a few short minutes until they melted. 

Let them cool and TADA!!! Beautiful multi colored crayons!! I no longer chase crayons around the floor at church, in the car, in the diaper bag! NOPE NOT ME! I now have just one crayon and a many colored picture!! 



This was so fun Monkey 1 wanted to make them for all her cousins for a Happy Valentine's Day Gift. We made crayons and cards for all the cousins and handed them out. They were a big hit!!





No comments:

Post a Comment