About Me

I am so happy you are visiting our blog! We are all about fun ways to learn and grow. I am a Mom of three incredibly sweet little girls (Monkey 1 - 7 years, and Monkey 2 - 5 months and Monkey 3- 1 year old). I have been blessed with an incredible husband and family, and pray everyday that God will show us how to raise Godly Girls! I hope that you will continue to check our blog for updates or better yet Subscribe to our blog below!! “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Road Trip With Toddlers, What to Bring


We made a 20 hour trip with both kids 3 years old and 8 months old and we drove straight through, with only food and potty stops. How did we do it?? This is what we brought

1. PRAYER

2. Typical luggage clothes etc, we packed the girls clothes for each day in a gallon size bag to make traveling easier in the car, pull out a bag have a days worth of clothes... It was a great idea ( Oh pinterest How I love YOU!!)


3. Baby toys (I had hidden some baby toys about a month ago so they would be fresh and new) Two small bins of toys were continually circulating through the carseat. Books, noisy toys, soft toys, hard toys, bright colors, black and white, music toys, etc. I tried to appeal to each of the senses when picking toys so nothing would be boring.

We made a few stops in the mountains to play and run off some energy!




 SO BIG!!!




 4. Monkey One (3 yrs) Had her own large crate/bin of toys next to her seat, here is what we had


Both of our quiet books


Binoculars - we played a lot of I SPY and the mountains were a great place to find beautiful scenery


Our Brand NEW set of "WHAT'S in the BIBLE" DVD by the maker of Veggie tales!! Excellent!


Large pad of paper, stencils, colored pencils, marker stamps, dot stickers


A color matching sticker book


Our touch and feel bag (we have many things in the bag with all different textures hard soft square round etc, you reach your hand in and use two words to describe what you feel. Then you can try to guess what you're holding. After you guess take it out did you get it right?


Play camera for taking pictures of all the beautiful things we I SPYED


Go Fish Game


The IPAD


Some new books


Kids Bible Songs CD


That about sums it up, we had cups and drinks for everyone, snacks, and sunflower seeds for Daddy!
And AMAZINGLY we SURVIVED!! I was ready for a screaming hollering trip but I made it through. Lots of prayers and a good attitude went a long way. It was a great vacation with so many opportunities for learning. I am so thankful God has provided us with the ability to have these wonderful experiences as a family!

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
PSALM 28:7


No comments:

Post a Comment